6 weeks pregnant, now having 5 days of bleeding, could it be a Miscarrige?

Patient

Q: Im 6 weeks pregnant been bleeding for 5 days like a period no pain no clots still showing positive on preg tests could i still be pregnant

Doctor

A:   Bleeding during pregnancy may be a sign of a possible miscarriage. Most miscarriages occur before the 12th week of pregnancy. Though bleeding is sometimes seen with pregnancy, it is not common for the bleeding to continue for a period of 5 days. I would suggest first to consult your Gynecologist to rule out miscarriage. Your doctor may repeat the beta HCG test to see if the levels are rising. A decrease in the level of beta HCG may require an ultrasound to rule out a miscarriage.