7 1/2 pregnant wife with chronic dry cough

Patient

Q: My wife is 7 1/2 months pregnant and recently developed a horrible dry cough that keeps her up all night, she cant stop coughing to even catch her breath, we tried hot tea and cough drops which neither worked, should we be concerned? thank you for your time

Symptoms:  chronic dry cough
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Coughing cannot affect the unborn baby. Proper precautions should be taken for this. It is always advisable that you meet the doctors who can advice proper medication depending on the severity and cause. For cough, medications across the counter should not be taken as they can prove to be harmful.
Hope that answers your query. Wish you good luck for the pregnancy.