7 day birth control effectiveness

Patient : I was on Alesse-28 for a week and a half and fooled around with my boyfriend. I am a virgin and although he did not insert his penis into me, some sperm may have touched my vagina. Was I protected with Alesse?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. The effectiveness of birth control starts after 7 days after starting the pill, use a b ackup like condom for the first seven days. If you have done that, there is no chance of pregnancy. Also, if there was no complete penetration of the penis into the vagina followed by an ejaculation, there is no chance of pregnancy. Hope this helped. Regards