8 days ago I was getting small amounts of blood

Patient : 8 days ago I was getting small amounts of blood during sex. However it did not bother us until the last time when it got fairly heavy. My previous period had only been two weeks ago. Usually my period is dark and has clots, this bleeding however is a bright red and has no clots. It has lasted 8 days and is a fairly large amount of blood. I had unprotected sex around 3 weeks earlier and had taken the morning after pill just in case (all of this sex is with a long term boyfriend).
Symptoms:  Bright red blood, no clots, small amounts of light cramping, head cold, fever, bleeding for 8 days (3 days longer than a normal period), last period started 18 days ago