8 months pregnant and fell on my side, what should I do?

Patient

Q: I had just recently fell really hard on my right side , I'm 8 weeks pregnant. I'm not bleeding but I do have pain in my stomach and abdomen , what should I do?

Symptoms:  Pain
Doctor

A:   Any fall or abdominal trauma during pregnancy may lead to complications, however it depends on the force of trauma as well as the site of injury. In any case, any such incident should not be ignored and definitely warrants an examination.
The rate of fetal mortality after maternal blunt trauma is estimated to be 3.4 to 38.0 percent, mostly from placental abruption, maternal shock, and maternal death. Fetal loss can occur even in situations when the mother has incurred no abdominal injuries. Severe trauma to the baby or the uterus is mostly associated with severe abdominal pain, bleeding vaginally, passage of clots etc.
However regardless of the apparent severity of injury in blunt trauma, all pregnant women should be evaluated in a medical setting. I would suggest that you seek medical aid immediately.