Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 8 months pregnant with diabetes

8 months pregnant with diabetes

Patient: My daughter is 8 months pregnant and we just found out she is dietbetic. Please can you tell me what her reading should be we tested it at 4:30 and it was 105 and again 2hours after she ate it was 107 please help us.

Symptoms: Dietbetic

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.She doesn’t have very high blood sugar but she needs t o be monitored during the remaining period of pregnancy and also during labour and post delivery.If her blood sugar remains well controlled in pregnancy, and you have no diabetes-related complications during pre-pregnancy state, chances of any complications are less.We at this blood sugar level ask our patient to follow strict diabetic diet and even if it does not get under control, preferred drug is Insulin. Some doctors also use Metformin with such blood sugar levels.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy