A cold or something more serious?

Patient

Q: I am a 23yo Female. Fairly healthy until recently. I wanted to know why I am getting a cold when I am on my menstrual cycle. I had bronchitis during my last cycle which made it last twice as long and now I am getting a cold. I have been on my cycle for 3 days now and have just begun the runny/blocked nose symptom of my cold. That is how I know I am getting a cold. Before the last two months I was a smoker, I still am, but I am trying to quit. Before 2 months ago, I would barely get sick twice a year. Any advice as to what is happening to me? I am on no medications and have no known allergies. I am concerned there may be some issues with my immunity or hormones.

Symptoms:  Blocked nose, blocked ears, runny nose, headaches, loss of appetite, frequent urination, fatigue, irritability, menstruation.
Doctor