A couple days ago I had tried to pop an

Q: A couple days ago I had tried to pop an under the skin blemish with a sterilized needle. I also wrapped toilet paper around my fingers and tried to extract the puss but nothing happened. Every night I take care of it by applying neosporin, toothpaste , and peroxide before bed. Yesterday I woke up and it was brown all over but didn't looked scabbed. So I put toothpaste on it before bed and I woke up this morning, took a shower and now it was very enlarged and cover in a yellow-green puss. I couldn't wipe it off so I removed it with sterilized tweezers. The skin looks much better and I now have neosporin on it. But the are is still very red, enflamed, and has a little bit of white on it. I'm afraid I made it worse by tweeting the puss away, but it look terrible! Help, will it scar? How do I further treat this large, open, blemish?
Thank you!

Symptoms:  N/a

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Read and understood that you have tried to pop a blemish on the finger, taking proper care as explained. It was brown yesterday and now on today there was very much enlarged, covered in a yellow-green pus which you removed with sterilized tweezers. Now is red, inflamed and has little bit white on it. Wants to know whether it will scar and how to further treat.

Since you have tried your best to manage till now, causing all the possible complications, it would be wise to be seen by a Doctor for a few reasons:
- You need a prescription for antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Proper cleaning, debridement and sterile dressing will be done and taught to you by an expert.

In addition, you have to see that the area of affection is kept above the heart level for easy drainage of edema and resultant reduction in pain and early healing.
There may be a minimal scarring or not be any scar formation if proper care is taken. It is impossible to tell at the moment.

Take proper care and you will be fine.

I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap-of-communication.