A door closed on my 5th finger and it hurts,

Patient : A door closed on my 5th finger and it hurts, not severe pain. I can bend it just fine but im worried if its fractures
Doctor :   Hello, Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query. Soaking the finger in cold water immediately after the trauma can reduce both pain and swelling. Acetaminophen or ibuprofen administered right away can also help prevent some of the pain. Do seek professional medical attention to prevent long-term pain or injury and to rule out fracture. Hope this helps. Take care.