Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > A dull stomach pain, strong enough, to wake me up

A dull stomach pain, strong enough, to wake me up

Patient: A dull stomach pain, strong enough, to wake me up this morning. Its right in my center upper area, the xyphloid. I admit to eating some junk before bed & taking a sleeping pill. Also I admit to being a heavy binge drinker lately, not eating for days, not sleeping, all do to severe personal stress. The stress so bad I was getting heavy prickle hot flashes. Now, is this pain an ulcer? Did I trigger something worse?………I was drinking a bottle a night for about a week and a half at my peak ending this Sunday until nipping my stress problem. Should I worry now about this dull,knawing pain? On a 1-10 its a 6.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for admitting history, all going to the same destination of Gastric ulcer or gastritis.The drinks, the j unk food and to top of all the stress.I would advise in such a situation to get an Upper GI Endoscopy urgently to see the effects of what you did to your stomach.Then to get started with proper treatment:- First of all avoidance of the instigating factors- the alcohol and junk foods.- Take PPI and Ranitidine- Antacid liquid 3 hourly.- Small frequent foods.Medicines for stress and anxiety.Rest of the treatment after the tests under the guidance of a Gastroenterologist.Hope this helps you.