A few days ago a big infection formed on my

Q: A few days ago a big infection formed on my head so I went to the doctor who squeezed a lot of blood and puss out of it which was extremely painful he then gave me antibiotics which which said I must take them three times a day, so last night I took one as well as a pain killed which was not prescribed and this morning when I woke up my face was all puffy and quite numb. I also currently have a very bad cold but I haven't taken any sort of medicine for it. Is this an allergic reaction? If so what should I do?

Symptoms:  Puffy face, cold
A few days ago a big infect...-1

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

You could have an allergic reaction or you could be having a continuation of the bacteria.

Both of these can cause the symptoms you are describing. I advise that you see a Doctor to understand the cause and then get the treatment.

Hope this helps you. All the best.