A Few Drops of Blood in Urine

Patient

Q: Hi i just noticed 2 drops of blood in my urine this morning. at first there was nothing but i saw that the last 2 drops of urine has a clear reddish color to it, i waited some more and tried peeing some more but there was no blood at all this time i had a slight burning sensation while peeing these last 3 days, could this be due to not enough water? i have been having about 1 liter per day along with a lot of soft drinks and coffee since a studying alot. i also received oral sex from someone maybe 3 weeks ago too.... could i have caught something ?

Doctor

A:   The most common cause for blood in the urine for people younger than 40 years of age are kidney stones, or urinary tract infections, injury to the upper or lower urinary tract (car accident or a bad falls, especially falls onto your back), strenuous exercise especially running that results in jarring of the bladder. Less common causes include medications like rifampicin, anticoagulants, quinine etc., chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension or benign prosatic hypertrophy.The hematuria (blood in urine) will probably go away by itself, and in case that it does not clear you should visit your doctor for immediate attention.

The most common cause for blood in the urine for people younger than 40 years of age are kidney stones, or urinary tract infections, injury to the upper or lower urinary tract (car accident or a bad falls, especially falls onto your back), strenuous exercise especially running that results in jarring of the bladder. Less common causes include medications like rifampicin, anticoagulants, quinine etc., chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension or benign prosatic hypertrophy.The hematuria (blood in urine) will probably go away by itself, and in case that it does not clear you should visit your doctor for immediate attention.