A few months ago I shut my thumb in a car door

Patient : A few months ago I shut my thumb in a car door and the whole nail went blue. I went to hospital and they said that they could remove the blood under the nail by putting little wholes in my nail but I refused. Last week, one side of the nail was starting to get loose, so I started to pick at it. As only 3/4 of my nail had blood under it, only one side of my nail was loose. I picked and pulled at the one side of my nail until it came off. Now, I am left with one half nail bed, one half nail. I wash it ever day, there is no sign of infection and there is no pain. Also, whenever I go outside I keep a plaster over it. Should I just leave it until the other half comes off? What do I do?
A few months ago I shut my ...-1
Doctor :   Hi Thanks for your query. Read and understood your history of nail injury, your own treatment and the present positi on. Seen the picture you have posted. It shows The new nails is growing nicely. It is to be seen whether it will push up the distal part and get replaced as a normal process or overgrows the remaining one. So, it is just wait and watch the process at the moment and consult a General surgeon if there is a deviation from normal growth pattern. I hope this clears your doubts.