Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > A gelish type substance comes out while receiving anal even

A gelish type substance comes out while receiving anal even

Patient: A gelish type substance comes out while receiving anal even though I gave my self an enema before engaging in anal sex

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, albeit small and specific.The gel-like substance is called mucus and it is secreted by the colon and the rectum in response to any foreign body including the anal sex.Do not worry.This is just a normal response of the body.On a safer side, it is always better to get per-rectal examination, proctoscopy and colonoscopy to rule out any disease process including the mucus-secreting tumors.Get this done, please.