Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > A lab test came back with very low vitamin D

A lab test came back with very low vitamin D

Patient: A lab test came back with very low vitamin D. Dr put me on a prescription of 50,000 units 1 /week. I have been on 3 weeks and have 1 more pill to go. My fatigue is still present. I am also on B12 shots once per month. What is a recommended dose of vitamin d to take OTC Should I be feeling less fatigued ? I’m a 60 year old female. Healthy. Diagnosed sarcoidosis ACE levels normal presently

Doctor: Hi.When the vitamin levels are so low you can’t take the risk of taking OTC. You have to strictly follow your Doct or.Discuss about the therapeutic doses of Vitamin A and take it too.Ask for multivitamins with Ginseng to tackle the weakness you have.Go for further tests to find the reason and take proper treatment under the guidance of your Doctor.