A laptop fell on my upper left back Near my

Q: A laptop fell on my upper left back. Near my shoulder blade. About 6 feet above me while i was bending down. Now its painful to lift my left shoulder and arm. And it left a bruise there. What do you suggest i do?

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you.
It seems you are suffering from Acute Muscular Shoulder Pain that could be due to simple muscle spasm or ligament tear of shoulder. I suppose, you should get an MRI of shoulder joint done to rule out all the mentioned possibilities. For pain you should do hot fomentation over the involved area 3-4 times a day. You should apply Diclofenac Gel locally over the involved area. To take anti inflammatory and analgesic pain killer like Ibuprofen , Etoricoxib if the pain is very severe.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy