A little help please about my depression. 

Patient: I’ve been feeling depressed for awhile but I don’t know why. I’m really hoping you can help me a little bit.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.Depression is a medical illness and it c an occur due to stress as well as sometimes without any stress. Its basically due to the an imbalance of the neurotransmitters. You need to seek medical treatment. Fluoxetine, escitalopram, mirtazapine are some of the good medicines for depression. Among them I prefer using fluoxetine (20mg) for my patients. These symptoms will start reducing in 1-2 weeks and the treatment needs to be continued for 6-8 months. These medicines are mostly safe and wont cause any major side-effects.Do meet your doctor and get these medicines prescribed.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.Wish you good health!