Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > A lot of urine at night and disturb my sleeping time

A lot of urine at night and disturb my sleeping time

Patient: I have some problem of urine.after sperm discharge,a lot of urine

Symptoms: A lot of urine, heavy testies

Doctor: HiThank you for the question,Excessive urination volume, also called polyuria, occurs when you are urinating more than normal. Urine volume is considered excessive if it equals more than 2.5 liters per day.Potential causes could include:-diabetes-kidney failure-psychogenic polydipsia, a mental disorder causing excessive thirst-sickle cell anemiaYou should seek treatment for excessive urine volume when you suspect a health issue is the cause. If you suspect the increase is due to an increase in fluids or medication, monitor the volume for a couple days. If the excessive volume persists after monitoring, you will have to talk to your Doctor.I hope this will help you. Get well soon.