A painless pea sized lump in my inner right thigh

Patient : There has been a small pea sized lump, maybe a little bigger around the side of groin. It's been there for maybe a year or two. it's just under the skin and I can actually grab hold of it and pinch it so it's not attached to anything. No discoloration and no pain, just nothing really. What is it?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. This lump in your thigh could be a lymph node or a benign tumor composed of fat called a li poma. If this lump is not causing you any discomfort, or is not unsightly, we do not think you should be overly concerned by it. However, we would like you to ere on the side of caution, and simply have it examined by a doctor in person, to make sure it is not serious. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com