Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > A penis that curves to the left normal?

A penis that curves to the left normal?

Patient: When I get an erection, my penis happens to be curving a bit more to the left. I was wondering if this is normal and if there is a treatment, exercise, or etc. to straighten it out. I also heard that wearing underwears instead of boxers curves your penis more due to the restrictions because I wear underwears. I also masturbate with my right hand although I am a left handed person because it feels moere comfortable. Thank you.

Doctor: The penis naturally has slight curvature when erect. if your erections are accompanied by pain or if you can feel a hard ened area on the shaft of the penis, then these signs suggest that the curvature is indeed abnormal. These could be signs of Peyronie Disease, a condition in which there is an abnormal curvature of the erect penis. IF you have any doubts you should consult a doctor for an examination, preferable a Urologist.