A question regarding loss of normal lordosis

Patient

Q: Hello,

I was recently sent for a lumbar spine and sacroiliac join X Ray regarding chronic lower back pain.

The report reads 'There is a loss of normal lordosis suggestive of a degree of muscle spasm'. I booked an appointment with my GP to discuss my results. When I attended my appointment my GP was unable to give me any information regarding why this problem has occurred and whether or not it is a permanent problem or something that can be reversed. When I asked her whether this could be a symptom of something more serious I was met with an extremely unprofessional response and left without any answers about what this report means for me and my spine. My next step is to talk to a physiotherapist.

So my question is, is a loss or normal lumbar lordosis something that can be reversed with the right exercise or is it something that is permanent and has to constantly be watched?

Thank you.

Symptoms:  A loss of normal lordosis, lower back pain
Doctor