Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > A shard of glass fell on my foot and made

A shard of glass fell on my foot and made

Patient: A shard of glass fell on my foot and made a 1/4 in cut at the base of my big toe — on the joint. I removed the glass and cleaned the wound before putting a bandage and antibiotic ointment on. The skin healed but now – approx 4mos later – I have a bump under the scar. It doesn’t hurt but feels tingly/tickly in the area when I push on it. What is it? Do I need to see my PCP?

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood your history of bump under the scar. The wound was caused by a fall of a shard of a glass at th e base of big toe. you had removed the shard and dressed the wound and this lump under the scar has developed after 4 months. It doesn’t hurt but feels tingly on pushing.Yes, I too think that you should see PCP as the can palpate to make it sure where there is a foreign body causing the reaction or it is just a scar tissue causing pressure on the nerve to case the tingly feeling on pressure.If this is a foreign body granuloma, you should get this removed as this may cause problem at later dates.