A Teen That Wants To Lose Weight

Patient

Q: I am a thirteen year old boy that has a very fat stomach. I wanna fit in but I can never stick to a diet and I don't know what to not and to eat. Help please!

Symptoms:  Want to lose weight
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Diet is one of the most important aspects of reducing body fat, especially around the abdomen. To start try to cut back on eating processed foods containing refined sugar, and reduce the amount of juices and sodas you drink. This will remove unnecessary nutrient deficient calories from your diet. Furthermore, you try to exercise 4-5 times a week engaging in some moderate aerobic exercise like walking on a treadmill. Since you are young, we recommend that you see your doctor before starting any diet and exercise regime. Remember, gradual weight loss is the best way to achieve lasting results.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com