A year ago, I jumped from the slight hill (maybe

Patient : A year ago, I jumped from the slight hill (maybe 3 ft high) onto my sidewalk, and landed wrong, injuring something in my right hip area. It was so initially painful, I couldn't attend class that night, although the pain of regular walking went away within the next couple days. I went to the dr. a couple of weeks later after no more improvement was noticed---after walking a while in the grocery store, for example, my hip area would hurt so badly, radiating down my right leg to my calf, that I would lean on the shopping cart for support. The doctor had me perform simple things---walking in a straight line, turning one way, turning the other way---and I did so with no problems, so he told me to walk moderately, and take Aleve pain medicine. I have followed up a couple times because there has still been no improvement---if anything, I now need more over-the-counter pain medicine to be able to perform daily functions---but he has no answer for me. He is a free-clinic doctor, and I am a full-time graduate student with no insurance. I have always exercised regularly, but have tried limiting activity to nothing beyond what is necessary (I did this for two or three weeks), and still no improvement. Now I cannot even stroll in my local park for very long, only being able to complete about 1/2 mile before pain makes me stop. I used to be able to power-walk at least two times around the park, which is a mile in circumference. In any case, this is now really taking a toll on my life. While brushing my teeth before bed, I stand on my left leg and relax my right side from the hip down, and I experience a series of pops. I believe something is out of alignment, but I don't know what. A few hip alignment exercises I've looked up online have not helped. I can't wear a bra comfortably at all unless I use an extender. Also, let me clarify: What I am referring to as my right posterior hip is technically the iliolumbar ligament/sacroiliac joint area.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I have pain in my shins after being on my feet for a while. The orthopedist thought it was sciatica, but my primary d...

Q: Is upper back pain normal with strept throat ?

Q: I have had a two level Spinal Fusion but the surgery has not worked or helped with my pain levels which have increase...

Q: Chronic lower back pain a right shoulder stuffiness

Q: I had an MRI for some back problems but it came back with this: "Small 1.3 cm lesion in the prepontine cistern, ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon