Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > A1c does not match daily blood testing numbers

A1c does not match daily blood testing numbers

Patient: Blood sugars when testing are much higher 175 (FBG) early am than A1C 6.1. I am concerned about my high testing numbers

Symptoms: High blood sugar testing numbers

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.HbA1c reflects the average blood sugar level 3 months. It is not n ecessary that it will match with your Fasting, Random blood sugar levels.I would advise you to get Fasting and Postprandial blood sugar levels.The values will help you to decide if we need any modification of the dose.As far as HbA1c is concerned, it is a for monitoring of overall blood sugar control.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.