Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > AARP medicare advantages over other companies

AARP medicare advantages over other companies

Patient: Are there any advantages of going with AARP for my medical coverage plans over some of the other health insurance providers?

Doctor: A large part of American over the age of 50 put their trust into AARP for all of their health insurance needs. AARP stan ds for the American Association of Retired Persons and they are considered by many physicians like myself to be a very reliable insurance company. I personally feel they have very affordable plans for people aged 50 and above compared to some other health insurance companies.I suggest you contact a broker about AARP health care insurance plans and after evaluating them choose the plan that best suits your needs. Hope this helps but remember to still evaluate other companies as well as it may be better suited to your needs than AARP.