x
Browse
166 Physicians Online

Question:

Abdominal bloating and Burping.

I have this nasty tasting, smelly burp and I was wondering what the cause for it was? How do you get rid of it?

Answer:

The symptoms of bloating and burping may be caused due to certain foods like beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, sprouts, onions and garlic. Increased sugar intake, chewing gum, smoking, constipation and stress may also contribute to factors causing bloating. I would suggest that you identify the food that aggravates your problem and reduce its intake. Over the counter antacids like tums may provide relief to your symptoms.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA