Abdominal Cramping during Pregnancy - Is there reason to worry?

Q: I'm 16 wks pregnant, for the last week and a half I've been having severe lower back and abdominal cramps. Also I have a slimey thick discharge. There is no bleeding but it feels as if I'm going to start my monthly. I am 18 now, but when 16 I had a miscarriage. Could I be losing this baby too?

A:   Abdominal cramping is not a reassuring sign during pregnancy.  Some Women do experience it as a normal part of their pregnancy but when it is associated with any bleeding, vaginal discharge or fevers, it its worrisome.  Given your past history, I would see your doctor soon.  Your doctor may decide to do an ultrasound or a series of Bhcg blood levels to confirm the health of the pregnancy.

Guest: i am also experiencing the same thing, what i dont understand is that there is no sign of growth in my tummy and i havent heard a baby moving. did i loose the baby