Ask The Doctor > Pending > Abdominal cramping on birth control

Abdominal cramping on birth control

Patient: Hello, I have been on Mononessa 28s birth control for over 2 years, and for the past few days, I have been having abdominal cramping, similar to menstrual cramps, but in the middle of my active pills. The pains seem to move around a little, as well. My periods have been regular, and I have been taking my pills near perfectly. I have not really noticed cramping in the middle of my cycle like this. I have NOT been spotting, though. Also, I have started taking Zoloft at about the same time as the cramping started, about 3 days ago. Could that be a factor? I feel the cramping could be caused by gas and intestinal pains as well. What could it be?

Symptoms: Abdominal cramping

Doctor: