Abdominal ct

Patient: I have had some abdominal pain for about 3 weeks, and my doctor ordered an abdominal and pelvic ct for me two weeks ago. The results came back normal; he said liver, pancreas, spleen, gall bladder and colon are all good, and the only problem is a right side 1.1 cm kidney stone. I totally understand the CT scanners we are using today are much improved than before, but I don’t know whether it can detect mass or tumor in the stomach. I did a lot of research by myself, and I found that many medical experts wrote that the advacned ct with 3d can detect mass or tumor in the stomach, but they were also some experts wrote that endoscopy is the only method to find problems in the stomach. Would you please let me know if CT can detect tumor or mass in the stomach.

Doctor: This imaging test produces cross-sectional images of the area being studied with excellent detail and could evaluate the status of any internal organs, bones, soft tissue and blood vessels with greater clarity. In my opinion, let me reassure you that  if you have had certain type of a tumor, your physician would have spotted a change and also in the radiologist report a suggestion for further studies or repeat test would have been issued. I would suggest you to keep follow up with your PCP to rule out other less complex possibilities for abdominal pain.