Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Abdominal curving inward just before the hip bone

Abdominal curving inward just before the hip bone

Patient: Hello , i have a small problem with my abdomen its some how hard to explain though the thing is jst below my rib cage where my first 2 abs are everything is more or less fine , just after that above my hip bones my abdomen tends to bend inwards abit which looks bad and i have no idea why

Symptoms: No symptoms

Doctor: HelloThanks for using “Ask The Doctor” to post your query.It is difficult to pinpoint the deformity without examin ing your personally. But its possible that it could be a gap in the abdomen wall and may be presenting with hernia as well. It would be wise to get an Ultra Sound examination of the abdomen or a CT scan of the abdomen. These investigations don’t take much time and will confirm the nature of deformity.Do meet your doctor and discuss these options.Hope this helps,Wish you a good health.