x
194 Physicians Online

Question:

Abdominal pain after appendectomy

I had my appendix taken out 3 weeks ago along with a hernia behind my belly button , i have been having stomach pains lower and upper along with burning sensation need to know if i should call my surgeon or what to do

Answer:

There are numerous causes of abdominal pain, some that may be explained by complications of your previous surgery as well as some which may be entirely unrelated. You should return to your surgeon for a checkup. Complications of your surgery which may cause abdominal pain include adhesions or injury to surrounding organs during surgery. However, these complications are not very likely to have occurred.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA