Abdominal pain, blood in stool. Went to ER test came out normal, should I change my diet?

Q: I went to the ER on the 14th for abdominal pain and blood in my stool. They did blood test, X-rays, and a urine test, which all came out normal, and they did a rectal exam and tested for blood in the stool and it was positive. So since they could do more they sent me home and gave me a referral to a gastrointestinal doctor. And told me to eat only soft bland food and nothing spice. But I wasn't able to get an appointment til the 30th. Do I need to stick to the soft bland foods til the 30th? What shouldn't I eat ? Can I go back to eating normal food ?
I don't have pain anymore and my stool looks fine