Abdominal Pain during pregnancy

Patient

Q: I am 9 week and 5 day pregnant,,,,,,suddenly i feel some abdominal pain,,,but no bleeding have found yet,,,,for this my doctor have suggest me norvis 50 mg(Tiemonium methylsulphate) tablet,,,,,,,,,,,now i have no pain after use this tablet...but dr. suggest me to eat 5 days,,,,i am so nervous ,,,,,,,,,this is my first pregnancy....is this problem normal??is my baby safe now?

Doctor

Thanks for the query,

It is to be understood that mild abdominal ache in the lower abdomen is normal in early pregnancy as it is caused by the round ligament stretch due to growing uterus and under the progesterone effect. Ideally no medication is advised but if you have already taken, it's fine. Usually hot fomentation and rest suffices. As there has been no bleeding or spotting, there are no chances of threatened abortion either. However, it is suggested that you should get an initial level1 scan done to check for the viability of the foetus which shall allay your anxiety completely.

Wishing you good health,