Abdominal pain, sweating and dizziness, followed by defecation

Q: Earlier today I was experiencing lower abdominal cramps these were low grade, but continued for around 2 hours, I felt I could go to the toilet if i really pushed, but didnt need to and wasnt in a position to be able to. This sensation stopped and I started to feel slightly faint, which progressively got worse (over around 10 mins), I got sweaty and clammy all over, sat down and drank some water and my hands started to go tingly, i continued to feel faint for another 20 minutes. I then went to the toilet and passed loose stools, but not diarrhea. And all the sensations went away, I felt really tired afterwards and slept for a few hours.
This sort of thing has happened once before, early last yr, same symptoms and process except I didnt defecate but vomited instead. Are they linked? What could possibly be the cause, or what should I look into?