Abdominal ultrasound booked need info

Patient

Q: I have an abdominal ultrasound about a month away from now and im really worried it could be endometriosis my mother had a hysterectomy for it and im worried to wait that long help plz

Symptoms:  Right side lower back pain under ribs, cramping whine not on period, bleeding occasionally, discharge
Doctor

A:   Hi,

The treatment options of endometriosis depends on the severity of the symptoms and the extent of the tissue involvement. Hysterectomy is not the treatment of choice in all the cases. If endometriosis involvement is minimal with mild symptoms, that can be dealt with analgesics to relieve the pain and hormonal therapy to shrink the tissue.
In severe cases only surgery may be needed, in that also laparoscopic surgery can be done to remove the endometriotic tissue.
In extreme cases and in women who have completed their family, hysterectomy may be attempted.
By doing ultrasound the possible causes of your pain and intermenstrual spotting can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.
Hope this helps. Take care.