Abnormal bleeding

Patient

Q: Last year in Februrary I was disgnosed with endometriosis after undergoing a laparoscopy in January.
A year later January 2014, I noticed mid-cycle spotting, and have been having this since, on the 2nd week after my period.
Last month however, I had spotting on the 11th day and bleeding on the 13th day after my period.
This month, I had some spotting following bleeding on my 14th day since my last period, and on the 16th day which was on march 31st, I have been bleeding since. Note however, this is not much of a flow, only bleeding in my discharge when I urinate.

Symptoms:  bleeding
Doctor

A:   I have noted the contents of your mail.
It seems that despite the endometriosis you have been symptom free for almost an year.
What you are having now is the mid-cycle bleeding or the spotting which occurs in some women at the time of ovulation. By itself it may not be very significant but the fact that the same has now continued over some days now you may now to consult your local gynaecologist. You will require a physical checkup which will help to exclude any local cause for the bleeding which could be a local lesion on the cervix eg a cervical polyp (a small innocuous growth) or an erosion or very rarely any cancerous lesion. You may also have to undergo a transverse sonography and possibly a minor procedure ( Hysteroscopy and a D&C to view the inside of the uterus again to exclude an endometrial polyp and take a biopsy from the lining of the uterus ). After any physical cause for your bleeding is ruled out you may be prescribed hormonal pills to regulate your cycles which is the general course of treatment in majority of such cases