Abnormal bleeding after taking plan b

Patient

Q: I took plan b on December 4th while taking my birth control in fear that the birth control alone wouldn't keep me from being pregnant. I also had my period that week till the 7th but it is now the 15th and I'm still bleeding. Should I be worried?

Symptoms:  Bleeding in sometimes large amounts but most of the time low flow.
Doctor

The withdrawal bleed you are going through is secondary to both oc pill and plan b together, lets understand it this way. It may sometimes cause excessive bleeding and involve clots as well . However if the bleeding is prolonged then it can be controlled or stopped with the use of anti-fibrinolytics twice a day for 3 days. You may visit your physician and discuss the option and take an informed decision.

I hope i have answered your query,
wishing you health,
regards