Abnormal spotting

Q: I had my period on the 9th to the 4th of November. I noticed spotting 19th 20th 21st and the 29th of November and again on 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th of December. My expected period is the 6th of December . This is my first time spotting, what can cause this abnormal spotting? Could I possibly be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Slight cramps and tender breasts

A:   Hi,
The spotting you had could be intermenstrual spotting due to hormonal imbalance, spotting during ovulation and in premenstrual phase,
spotting due to local causes like cervical erosion etc.
If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is possibility of pregnancy.
During early pregnancy also, sometimes spotting can be seen.
If spotting subsides, wait till your expected date of periods and go for urine pregnancy test.
If spotting persists, consult your doctor and get evaluated regarding this.
Physical examination and ultrasound can possibly help in finding out the possible cause of your problem.
Take care.