Abnormally painful menstruation since trying to conceive

Q: I've been trying to conceive (TTC) for about 6 months now. I am 26, my husband is 30. Neither of us has any health problems. Even since we started TTC, I have been getting extremely painful periods, to the point where I can't work or perform daily duties. The pain is mainly in my lower back accompanied with frequent urination. I've had blood work done, ultrasounds, UTI tests. All came back clean! I've done pregnancy tests during a couple of the cycles and they were negative. We stopped trying for one month during which my menstruation returned to normal with no abnormal excruciating pain. I'm so confused! Why does TTC cause so much pain leading to and during menstruation? Is this a symptom of endometriosis? please help! thank you!

Symptoms:  severe lower back pain. frequent urination.

A:   Hi, Generally when endometriosis, fibroids or pelvic inflammatory disease are the reasons for painful menstruation, it would be the same whether you are having intercourse or not. But may be in your case there could be a mild infection which is getting aggravated when you are having intercourse. Consult the doctor once. Mild antibiotic can help overcome the problem.