x
Browse
174 Physicians Online

Question:

Abnormally thick lining of the uterus

I had abnormal reading on ovarian ultrasound. Said the lining of my uterus is abnormally thick. What does this mean. Thank you.

Answer:

The thick lining of the uterus means the internal layer of the uterus that build up and breaks every month with the menses has become thick. It may be normal if the findings were obtained during your mid cycle, as around this period uterus normally builds up its lining. However, other causes of the thick uterine lining such as polyp, fibroid or uterine cancer needs to be ruled out. Repeat follow up ultrasound examination, at a different time, may help in the diagnosis.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA