Ask The Doctor > Pending > Abortion after 10 days and ultrasound

Abortion after 10 days and ultrasound

Patient: Hi! I had a medical abortion and had an ultrasound 10 days after. Do I have to do a surgical abortion?These are the findings of the ultrasound:Anteverted uterus is normal in size. measuring 6.3 x 5.0 x 4.6 cm (CCxWxAP). It exhibits homogenous parenchymal echopattern. There is no mass lesionThe endometrial shape is hyper echoic. There is an anechoic focus in the endometrial cavity. Endometrial thickness is 9.7 mmThe cervix exhibits homogenous parenchymal echopattern. It measures 3.5 x 1.8 cm (LxT). The anterior lip measures 0.9cm and the posterior lip measures 0.9 cm, respectively. There is no mass lesion.The ovaries are normal in sizes and echopattern. The right ovary measures 3.0 x 2.3cm (LxW) while the left ovary measures 3.0 x 1.8 cm, small follicles are seen.The adnexae is unremarkableThere is no intraperitoneal fluid in the posterior cul-de-sac

Doctor: