Abortion and Leep Procedure

Patient

Q: I had a leep procedure in Nov of last year. I recently found out I was pregnant and wanted to know if I would be able to have an abortion. I know my cervix is still healing and I don't know if having an abortion will disturb the healing of my cervix.

Doctor

A:   There should be no problem for you to proceed with an abortion should you want one. There are both surgical and non-surgical methods of aborting a fetus, depending on how far advanced the pregnancy. Even if you should require a surgical procedure your cervix should have healed adequately to accommodate the surgical instruments to be used.