Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Abortion – aspiration method required

Abortion – aspiration method required

Patient: HiI was looking at getting an aspiration done to remove pregnancy. However, I am pretty blank about the procedure, cost, safety, reliability etc and the places where I could get it done.Would be great if you could help.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting ATD.Abortion is not a simple procedure and should always be done in a certified clinic or hospital by a gynecologist. It is either medical or surgical abortion depending on the period of gestation of pregnancy. If it’s 7 weeks, then its safe labor with medicines else surgical dilatation and curettage may be required to remove the products of conception incomplete.I hope I have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards