Abortion in January and then sex 1 month later. Can I be pregnant

Patient

Q: In January I got an abortion and on February 8, 2014 I had unprotected sex. A few weeks later I began to feel the same way I did with last pregnancy & I continue to get symptoms now. However I took in late February & maybe one in very early march & they were negative and i also had a little bit of periodlike bleeding. However I still have symptoms of pregnancy & I still really believe that I am pregnant. I also would like to mention that after my abortion the pregnancy symptoms went away but after I had unprotected say like I said a few week later I felt the same again. Could I be pregnant even under these circumstances?

Symptoms:  Nausea, craving, food aversions, peeing a lot, fatigue, headaches, light cramps with gas, lower back pains
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Generally the home pregnancy kits give accurate results of pregnancy if done after
7 to 10 days post the expected menstrual cycle date. It is suggested that you either
go for a blood test for βhCG which can provide more accurate result on the
pregnancy status. Sometimes due to stress & strain also the period may become
irregular. You can as well meet the doctor who can do scan to see what is wrong
& why the period has not come yet. From the things you say it looks like there
is a more tilt towards chances of you being pregnant.
Hope that answers your query. Have a Good day.