Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Abortion then D&C. Can I be pregnant?

Abortion then D&C. Can I be pregnant?

Patient: I had an abortion on febuary 14 and a d and c on march 8 i wondering if i can be pregnant because i’m having all the symptoms again

Doctor: I understand your concern about possible pregnancy. Usually the menstrual cycles return after 4 to 6 weeks of the miscar riage. You will only be at risk of pregnancy if you’ve had a sexual intercourse 2-3 weeks after D&C. However, you can take a pregnancy test just to be sure. I will suggest you wait one more week before taking a pregnancy test. I wish you the best.

Guest: Two days after my period ended we had sex in the jacuzzi, we were only unprotected for one secound litterally, and he never finished. About 4 days later I had the stomach flu and didn’t eat much for a few days, it’s now been a week since the stomach flu, and I have a small bit of bleeding and feel nauseated. Is there any possible way I could even be pregnant.