About 1 week ago I noticed a hard lump on my 3 yr old son knee cap.

Patient : About 1 week ago I noticed a hard lump on my 3 year old sons knee cap, It's about the size of a pea and doesn't look like a normal part of his knee cap although it seems like bone It's only on one knee and is noticeable when his knee is fully bent He isn't in any pain What could this be and should it be looked at?
Doctor :   Hello Thank you for posting your query on ATD. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I think i t is nothing abnormal. As it appear only on extension of knee, it seems to me a normal variation of bone as it is not causing pain. However, you are advised x-ray to rule out any pathology. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.