Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > About 18 months ago my left testicle easily doubled in

About 18 months ago my left testicle easily doubled in

Patient: About 18 months ago my left testicle easily doubled in size. Now it has shrunk to the size of a pea. Could you please help I am scared to see a doctor

Doctor: Hi.The classical history increase in size in left testicle followed by shrinking to pea is indicative of problem-re lated to the testis only.It looks that you had a torsion of the testis which was not diagnosed. As both the arterial as well as venous blood supply gets permanently blocked the tests very easily goes into atrophy hence the finding which you have.You can get this confirmed by ultrasonography and consult Urologist for further treatment if need be.Hope this helps.