About 2/3 weeks ago I started to experience intense stinging

Q: About 2/3 weeks ago I started to experience intense stinging/burning pain when I urinated and intense itching inside my vagina. I went to the doctor and was told I had a bladder/urine infection. I went on one course of antibiotics (3 days) but the symptoms remained the same, so I went back. The infection had got worse, so I went on another course of antibiotics, which did seem to clear up the infection. I was also given treatment for thrush. It seemed to work until the symptoms came back even worse than before. I went back to the doctor, who performed another urine test, and told me I had no signs of infection in my urine. I had a swab test, which I am waiting on for results. I was given two pills to insert into my vagina 5 days apart, and I used the first one 2 night ago. The symptoms immediately got worse and have been getting worse. I am waiting for the swab test to see what my next move is. I am not sexually active, so I know it cannot be an STI. I am starting to worry, but hopefully you can shed some light onto what might be going on. Thank you.