Ask The Doctor > Pending > About 2/3 weeks ago I started to get very intense

About 2/3 weeks ago I started to get very intense

Patient: About 2/3 weeks ago I started to get very intense stinging/burning pain when I urinated and very intense itching inside my vagina. I went to the doctor, who gave me one three day course of antibiotics for a bladder/urine infection, which didn’t work. I then went on another course of antibiotics, which did seem to work, plus thrush treatment. However, the symptoms came back and have been getting worse. I went back to the doctor for more tests, who told me my urine was completely free of infection. She gave me a swab test, which I have yet to collect the results for. She also gave me to internal pills to insert into my vagina 5 days apart, I used one of them 2 nights ago, and the symptoms have got worse if anything since then. I am not sexually active, and am starting to get very worried about what might be going on. Hopefully you could give me some idea of what I might be dealing with. Thank you.

Doctor: